Lieutenant Governor’s Award for Culinary Excellence
In partnership with the Nova Scotia Community College, His Honour was pleased to present the Lieutenant Governor’s Award for Culinary Excellence at Government House today.
The six award recipients are:
- Quentin L. Connolly, Culinary skills, Pictou Campus
- Hyungnam Oh, Culinary Arts, Lunenburg Campus
- Tara Roach, Culinary Arts, Marconi Campus
- Amy Steeves, Culinary Arts, Kingstec Campus
- Alexandria Taylor, Boulanger and Baking Art, Akerley Campus
- Zhuoyu Wang, Culinary Arts, Strait Area Campus
The new program for culinary excellence features six awards, one at each NSCC campus offering culinary programming. From the six award recipients, Zhuoyu Wang was selected to receive the top honour, including the medal for culinary excellence. The recipients were assessed on academic performance, dedication and commitment to the culinary profession, and community involvement.
The award was developed in partnership with the college and is the first award to be created during the tenure of Lieutenant Governor LeBlanc.
It is the custom for Nova Scotia’s Lieutenant Governors to establish awards that recognize excellence during their time in office.